Christine is a qualified person-centred therapist with 9 years experience, and is registered with the BACP. She has experience of working with anxiety, depression, bereavement and borderline personality disorder to name a few mental health issues. For the last 8 years she has been working mainly to help people process childhood sexual abuse and has worked with clients from 14 years and upwards. Christine has worked with adult survivors of rape and sexual violence as well as domestic violence. She has a passion for working in this speciality and feels in awe of survivors’ courage and resilience that shines through even when they do not sometimes see it for themselves.
Christine’s journey has recently led her to undertake a Diploma in Compulsive Sexual Behaviours (CSB) – qualification pending. She works in a non- shaming, sex positive way which is different to the 12 step programs. Christine offers a safe space with no judgement, where you can work through your compulsions in a refreshingly open way. Included in this counselling is therapy for supporters of people that present with CSB, such as partners who have been/who feel betrayed. She is GSRD aware, and the therapeutic space is there for exploration of sex and gender as well as sexuality. Christine also works with BDSM, kinks and fetishes.
Christine has training in trauma-informed ways of working therapeutically, as well as a Diploma in SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities).
Training, Qualifications & Experience
- Introduction to Counselling Skills – Birmingham Adult Education – 2011
- Level 2 Counselling – – Birmingham Adult Eduction – 2011
- Level 3 Counselling – – Birmingham Adult Eduction – 2011
- Foundation Degree in Counselling – Aston University – 2014
- Level 2 Child Mentoring – 2016
- CPD Certificate in Child Counselling – Borders Connect – 2017
- Level 2 in Children and Young People’s Mental Health – 2020
- Diploma in Special Needs and Disabilities – New Skills Academy – 2020
- Diploma in Compulsive Sexual Behaviour – CICS – pending