Clint is a qualified Psychosexual and Relationship Psychotherapist as well as a qualified Person-Centred (Humanistic) General Psychotherapist and Counsellor, with over 15 years of experience working in both Mental Health and alongside the LGBTQI+ community. Clint is a Member of the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT) and the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP), as well as a Mentor as part of the Pink Therapy Mentorship program for LGBTQI+ psychotherapists in training.
At the heart of Clint’s work is a belief that within all therapy there should be a connection to the fullest scope of an individual’s experience, both of the factors bringing them into therapy but also of their life experiences, as well as the hopes and thoughts of the future they may be struggling to feel are obtainable. With this in mind, his work is sensitive to the Biological, Psychological and Social/Environmental factors surrounding any therapeutic work an individual/individuals may bring to therapy, specifically recognizing cultural, diversity and disability factors which may require sensitivity and understanding.
Utilizing a mixture of Person-Centred Therapy where Clint works very much on the client’s framework, and a combination of pluralistic approaches ensures that Clint is able to fully meet the needs of the client/clients, whilst creating a safe, comfortable, and non-judgmental space for open exploration. The importance of recognising an individual’s uniqueness is a key part of the therapeutic process and enables Clint to work progressively with his clients in building a secure therapeutic relationship of equality and balance.
Alongside a wealth of professional experience, Clint also believes that his personal connection as part of the LGBTIQ+ community, connection to the Trans Community, and that of diverse relationship types can provide reassurance of both an understanding and knowledge to support those he works alongside.
Clint welcomes Individuals, Couples, and more expansive relationships groups, and is Kink Friendly & Sex Worker-friendly
Training, Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma in Clinical Sexology & Relationship Therapy – CIS – 2021
- STOPSO (Sexual offending) – STOPSO – Certification – Pending
- BA in Rogerian Psychotherapy – Warwick University – 2015
- PCT Psychotherapy & Counselling – Warwick University – Dip – 2014
- Bereavement & Trauma Counselling – SBSS/COSCA – Certification – 2013
- Counselling – University of the Highlands & Islands – Certification – 2012
- Relationship Diversity – Polyamory, Open Relationships, Consensual Non-Monogamy etc.
- Kink and fetish work
- Gender and Sexual Diversity
- Out of Control Sexual Behaviour (OCSB)
- Sexual Addiction
- Sexual Offending/Offenders
- Bereavement including antepartum and neonatal support
- Trauma Counselling