Richard is a qualified Human Givens Psychotherapist, Accredited with the Human Givens Institute (HGI). Richard works in a practical way with clients to help them meet the needs and goals they have. The pace of the sessions is set in response to what the client needs, and methods used based on what the client requires at the time.
Whilst some therapies claim you need to “feel worse before you feel better”, the approach Richard uses emphasises the resources we have within ourselves to learn, grow and overcome what is holding us back.
Richard’s interest in psychology goes back over 20 years and he has completed over one year in meditation retreat. Richard is also interested in physical practices that aid well being.
Richard can work with a range of issues including: depression, anxiety, OCD, stress, anger, trauma, sleep difficulties, behaviour change and habit formation.
Richard is trained to work with both individuals and couples.
Richard is also a trainee Psychosexual and Relationship Therapist with the Contemporary Institute of Clinical Sexology.
Training, Qualifications & Experience
- Trainee Psychosexual and Relationship Therapist – Contemporary Institute of Clinical Sexology (CICS)
- Human Givens Diploma – Human Givens College – 2022
- Couples Therapy Training – Human Givens College – 2022
- Certificate in Humanistic Counselling Skills – The Gestalt Centre – 2006
- Criminology and Psychology BA (Hons) 1st Class – Coventry University 2005