LOW COST SERVICE
Low Cost Counselling: Our dedicated service giving you the therapy you need without the worry of affordability.
In need of mental health support but worried that you can’t afford it?
Contact us today to receive affordable counselling support either in-person in our comfortable and private therapy rooms, or online/via telephone from the comfort of your own home.
- In-person/Face to Face
Counselling sessions are available from as little as £15.
The number one concern that we hear from people in need of counselling is that they cannot afford full-cost therapy. At some point in our lives, many of us struggle to make ends meet for a variety of reasons, including:
- Redundancy/job loss
- Living on a student wage
- Reliance on benefits
- General financial hardship
Unfortunately, it is often a financial difficulty that can cause or contribute to many of the common issues that people come to therapy for including depression, stress, anxiety, relationship issues, dependency, and so much more. In these situations, it can feel impossible to afford counselling to help overcome these difficulties.
Sadly, many excellent NHS counselling services are overwhelmed and under-resourced and can have long waiting lists to access therapy. Additionally, these services are often capped, which can mean being limited to around 6 sessions.
With LCC’s low cost service, you can access therapy quickly and affordably, without any limit on the number of sessions you can have.
How does it work?
- The Low-Cost service is offered to individuals at reduced rates if they are experiencing hardship or are on a low income. Eligibility criteria for the low cost scheme are based on individual income and any other relevant factors and will be discussed on an individual basis.
- The cost of the assessment session to enter this service is £40 for an individual. Thereafter, the session fee is calculated based on your individual annual income. A minimum fee of £15 is charged.
- Our senior trainee counsellors and honorary counsellors who are working towards accreditation provide this service for general therapy themes. All of our trainees are on clinical placement with us and are closely supervised by our internal clinical placement supervisors, who are all very experienced, qualified therapists.
- Click HERE to view our Counselling Agreement.
How do I Access The Service?
- You can self-refer – no need to go via your GP
- Contact us (via email: email@example.com, telephone: 01462 674671, or via our Contact Page), requesting the Low Cost Service.
- Our Practice Manager will provide you with a simple Registration Form to complete
- Our Practice Manager will then refers you to one of our Trainee Therapists for an initial assessment.
- If agreed, your Therapist will then arrange regular sessions with you
Low Cost Sex and Relationship/Couples Therapy is also available via LCC’s sister company Sex Therapy Herts. Please click on the link for further information.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us today for a no-obligation discussion of how we can help you.
Contact Us for more information.