Video Chat & Telephone Counselling at LCC
In recent times there has been tremendous growth in counsellors offering online counselling by electronic means, such as Skype. At LCC we use a platform which is like Skype, is free to download and simple to use, but is fully encrypted and more secure than Skype. We also offer telephone-based sessions. While some would argue that the personal interaction is less present, others suggest that the convenience and choice afforded to online counselling outweigh this.
Some of the advantages of online counselling are:-
● You can choose to see a counsellor from anywhere in the country. This can be important if you have a specialist’s needs and live remotely. You also are unlikely ever to meet them socially if they live at distance and some find this reassuring.
● Telephone and online counselling saves you time and money, as you don’t have to consider the cost and time taken in travelling to and from the session.
● You are in the comfort of your own home and likely to be less stressed.
● If your work pattern is unpredictable, or you travel, you can still have regular sessions.
● If you are housebound, you can still access counselling.
● Payment is easy as you pay by card before the agreed scheduled session.
Some points to bear in mind:
● It is important to ensure that you can be online at the appointed time, in a quiet room where you will not be interrupted or overheard, i.e. there is confidentiality.
● You also need to ensure you have the correct equipment and a fast enough internet speed.
● With technology there is always a risk of technical failure, and as such your counsellor and you will need to agree how this will be managed.
As with all counselling services from LCC, counselling over Video Chat is subject to our Counselling Agreement.
Please Get in Touch for more information>>